Beauty Bag: Sarah, sarah.wandering.

Hello Wallpaper readers!

I’m Sarah and I write over at sarah.wandering. I was flattered when the lovely Liz asked me to spill the beans on my Beauty Bag. I love makeup [and perusing makeup counters even more] but I definitely fit into the category of “I wear makeup to make it look like I don’t”. My palette is pretty simple and natural – I stick to staples as my sister Jen would say. Here’s the rundown of what’s in my Beauty Bag:


1) - Benefit Dr. Feelgood primer – this can be worn solo or over makeup and I consider it to be magic in a tin. It smooths and evens, is light as air and feels great to the touch. I don’t wear foundation and this clear paste does the trick.

2) - Prescriptives Blush in Blushing Peach – I’m a sun worshipper [slap on the hand I know] so I usually skip the bronzer, but this peach mineral blush is perfect for a natural glow and accents a tan beautifully. The blush brush is from Body Shop.

3) - Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in 040 Medium Brown – I have very sparse & light eyebrows despite my dark skin and haircolouring, so this pencil is a daily requirement.

4) - Annabelle Eyeshadow 107 & MAC Eyeshadow in Nylon – Annabelle eyeshadow over the lids and this Nylon colour is the perfect highlighter – it’s a soft gold that isn’t too shiny, glittery or chalky. The angled brush is from Quo.

5) - Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black – No sharpening, and a perfect line that doesn’t budge.

The gorgeous Sarah striking a pose!

6) - Mascaras. I could write a novel here. My lashes, albeit long, are not full and are pretty light in colour. I have spent years and mass amounts of money in an attempt to find the perfect mascara and have found two that I love – Kiss Me “Tubes” Mascara – the Tube technology doesn’t smudge or run and you can wipe your eyes with no worries – I wear this on lazy days and to basketball practices and long work days. The second, and hands down the best all around mascara, Revlon Grow Luscious in Blackest Black. Full perfect lashes that are clump free, super thick and super soft. It’s like having feathers for lashes. The eyelash curler and lash comb are from Tweezerman and a necessity with my long lashes.

7) - C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve – my “must have can’t live without” item. This salve does it all – I use it as a lipbalm, on my cuticles, sometimes as a hair pomade [I get the Alfalfa piece of hair at the back sometimes] and as a cheek gel. Inside the tin I’ve smashed two lip colours, Rimmel 640 Coral Chic [a perfect coral] and Clarins 107 Tea Rose [a lovely nude which I’m wearing above]. This allows me to travel light, but I always have options and quick solutions since I often also use these as cheek stains.


8) - The red lipliner [205 Cherry] and the eyeliner [129 Acajou] from Annabelle are what I wear for evening or events that call for a bit more.

- The makeup bag is an old fabric clutch from Old Navy from years ago – love the orange herringbone and the wristlet and most importantly, it’s washable.

Thanks Liz for having me, I'm a big fan of Wallpaper and this series. It's fun taking a peek into other blogger’s Beauty Bags. All I can say is "Looking good ladies!"

Thanks to Sarah for sharing her beauty finds and secrets, I have to say that I love all her beauty products and I am going out to get that Rose Salve pronto! who doesn't love multi purpose beauty products!

No comments:

Post a Comment